22 Juni 2022

Tumbling back and forth

Remembering the years you've raised me,
The way you loved us all,
no matter if we were your own children, see,
the thing is, damn, you always gave us love.

Sitting at the table with you,
laughing, singing and crying
It feels like I am having a déjà vu,
No, more like I am constantly dying

Listening to all your stories, selfless endless love,
about the beautiful life of a mother,
about trust and war,
and again, about the reasons to raise me and my brother

Remember? The moment you've lost your heart,
Running tears. Emptiness. Just gone.
Lung cancer ripped you both apart
I remember, While I am looking at the paintings, that he has drawn

lightning candles, bidden to pray
I knew your heart was broken,
Nothing can take that away,
A wound, left wide open.

Cries, full of pain,
I've heard you suffering, almost every night.
Setting a foot in to realize, they still remain
All these times you've cried...

Remembering the day they've called.
Telling me that there is still hope and nothing is lost.
Still, it ripped my heart completely apart,
Couldn't imagine that you could be gone...

The last time I saw you,
teared up - you said, you weren't afraid of the pain,
only of the water, that is filing your lungs
and won't let you sustain

Listening to the trumpets, singing the saddest song.
while I am looking at your picture, breathless heart,
can't believe that you're gone.
Your time has come, so god ripped us apart.

Hoped and prayed,
Weren't ready to let you go.
We were too afraid,
couldn't imagine a world without you, you know

Holding you the last time,

while I am about to realize that you're gone.